Papers — Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945)
No comprehensive edition of Roosevelt's papers exist; however, a number of different subject specific editions of his papers have been published, and together they provide a thorough coverage of his life and presidency.
- Public Papers and Addresses of Franklin D. Roosevelt (1928-1945) 13 vols. The official papers of Roosevelt from his time as Governor through his Presidency. Primarily official speeches and messages. These papers are also available online through the The American Presidency Project at the University of California at Santa Barbara.
- The Complete Presidential Press Conferences of Franklin D. Roosevelt 25 vols.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt and Foreign Affairs.
Series 1. (1933-1936) 3 vols.
Series 2. (1937-August, 1939) 14 vols.
- Documentary History of the Franklin D. Roosevelt Administration. To date, 10 volumes have been published. Each volume focuses on a specific event or issue associated with the Roosevelt administration and provides the researcher with a reproduction of the most relevant documents from the Roosevelt Library on the volume's particular subject.
- FDR, His Personal Letters 4 vols.
- FDR's Fireside Chats 1 vol.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt and Conservation, 1911-1945 2 vols. Churchill and Roosevelt: The Complete Correspondence 3 vols.
For non-published material the best source for Roosevelt papers is the Franklin D. Roosevelt Library. Much of the most important material from Roosevelt's Presidential files is available on microfilm at research institutions throughout the United States, including Alderman Library at the University of Virginia through which the Scripps Library has access; please contact the Scripps Library for more information about its location and availability.
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt's Office Files, 1933-1945.
Part 1: “Safe” and Confidential Files (22 reels)
Part 2: Diplomatic Correspondence File (36 reels)
Part 3: Departmental Correspondence File (39 reels)
Part 4: Subject Files (45 reels)
Part 5: The John Franklin Carter Files on German Nazi Party Members (25 reels)
Room Files of President Roosevelt, 1939-1945.
Map Room Messages of President Roosevelt, 1939–1945 (9 reels)
Map Room Conference and Special Files, 1942–1945 (11 reels)
Map Room Army and Navy Messages, December 1941–May 1942 (10 reels)
Map Room Military Subject Files, 1941–1945 (26 reels)
Map Room Ground Operations Files, 1941–1945 (28 reels)
Map Room Ground and Naval Operations Files (21 reels)
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: Diary and Itineraries/Usher Books (78 microfiche)