Welcome to the new MillerCenter.org
This week, after a year of work, the Miller Center is proudly launching its brand new website.
Brighter, cleaner, and much easier to navigate, the new mobile-friendly site allows visitors to quickly discover our many resources and features related to the American presidency, easily access thousands of hours of Miller Center programming, and truly understand the importance of historical scholarship to the future of American democracy.
Here are some of the highlights of our new design:
BOLDER, SIMPLER HOME PAGE
The new site centers around five core areas:
- The Presidency—where you’ll find our popular American President biographies
- Issues & Policy—background and reports on America’s governance challenges
- Experts—all of the Miller Center’s scholars, all in one place
- American Forum—the home for our weekly PBS public affairs TV program
- News & Events—all the latest news from the Miller Center, plus full details on our upcoming and past events
BETTER INTEGRATION OF PRESIDENTIAL MATERIALS
- American President is the nation’s premier source for deep background on America’s 44 presidents, visited by more than 5 million students and educators each year. Now, on each president’s page, you’ll find biographical information, speeches, essays, related videos, interviews, and other resources pulled from across the Miller Center’s offerings.
- Six presidents, from FDR through Nixon, kept a tape recorder running inside the Oval Office. The Miller Center has all the Secret White House Tapes, and our experts are continuing work on transcribing, interpreting, and making them available to the public.
- Miller Center scholars have conducted the official oral histories for the Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43 Administrations. In our Interviews with the Administration section, we have transcripts and recordings of in-depth interviews with hundreds of top officials from each of these administrations.
- At a moment when political partisanship and rancor is most acute, the Miller Center is showing a better way with our First Year Project: Republicans and Democrats pulling together to help the new president lead the most effective first year possible.
EMPHASIS ON OUR EXPERTS
- The Miller Center is home to 30 experts in the American presidency, history, policy, and government practice.
- On our new Experts page, you can learn more about each of them; view their recent books, writings, and interviews; and contact them with questions.
- Each expert has a news feed, allowing you to follow their appearances in media outlets across the country and around the world
NEW VIDEO CONTENT
- The website features many new video initiatives, including Miller Center short documentaries and all past episodes of American Forum.
- New LIVE broadcasts through Facebook—regular live chats with Miller Center experts take place Mondays at 2:30 p.m. Eastern and Fridays at 11:00 a.m. Eastern. And all events held here at the Center, from American Forum tapings to historical presidency lectures and everything in between, are now broadcast live on Facebook and right here on millercenter.org.
We hope you like what you find on our new website. As we continue to improve it, we’d love to hear your feedback, via our Contact page.