- Author of Rivalry and Reform
- White Burkett Miller Professor of Governance and Foreign Affairs
- Cavaliers' Distinguished Teaching Professor
Areas Of Expertise
- Social Issues
- Founding and Shaping of the Nation
- Political Parties and Movements
- The Presidency
Sidney M. Milkis is the White Burkett Miller Professor of Governance and Foreign Affairs, Cavaliers' Distinguished Teaching Professor, and professor of politics. His research focuses on the American presidency, political parties and elections, social movements, and American political development. In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate students, he regularly gives public lectures on American politics and participates in programs for international scholars and high school teachers that probe the deep historical roots of contemporary developments in the United States.
Milkis has a BA degree from Muhlenberg College and a PhD in political science from the University of Pennsylvania.