Below is a selection of transcripts related to Watergate. Most are from the meeting tapes. The sound quality is often poor.
Earlier versions of a number of these have been previousely published either by the various Watergate investigative committees or in Stanley Kutler, Abuse of Power: The New Nixon Tapes (New York: Free Press, 1997). The versions below have been revised and updated by the Presidential Recordings Program.
This collection is by no means comprehensive, and new segments will be added periodically.
- The Smoking Gun
- Cancer on the Presidency
- I want the Brookings Institute safe cleaned out
- You need a team
- I really need a son-of-a-bitch
- Everybody bugs everybody else
- Financing a Kennedy Write-In Campaign
- Get me the names of the Jews
- Going after Dan Schorr
- He's just got to tell them to lay off
- How much money is involved?
- Howard Hunt (2)
- Howard Hunt
- It just repels him to do these horrible things
- It's a balls thing
- Delaying the indictments
- Destroying the Tapes
- Destroying the Watergate Tapes
- I Want the Goddamn Funds
- If It Blows, It Blows
- Let the Democrats squeal
- See if his phone is bugged or something
- The Taping System Logistics
- Too many nice guys
- You could get a million dollars
- This is a conspiracy
- This is the guy who'll get out and tear things up
- You can't screw around with the IRS